Saturday, September 13, 2008

Vietnamese Weddings and Long Islands

I bartended for a Vietnamese wedding down in Westminster recently. They set me up on a little table by the corner with wine, beer, champagne, and a list of things I had previously given to them: vodka, gin, rum, tequila, triple sec, S&S mix, various juices - you know the basic stuff.

They only brought one bottle of S&S mix, uh oh :( Long Island Iced Tea was immensely popular that night! I had first recommended to make it for one of the groom's brothers and apparently everyone else had tried and wanted it too.

As far as beer goes, we had both Heineken and Corona Extra ... every single person there asked for Heineken. I didn't serve a single Corona until after I had completely run out of Heineken!

I also served a lot of .... shots of Cognac. I remember this from all the other Asian weddings I've gone to - they sure love their cognac.


julia chen dallas

No comments: